“Pokemon Go” has literally taken over the world by storm. I went running in Fort Lee this week and could not help but noticing all the gamers out in the park enjoying the warm sunshine with their smartphones in hand to hunt for their prey. Clever church sign makers have taken advantage of the “Go” phenomenon. Here are ten “Pokemon Go” inspired church signs:
- YOU CAN FIND MORE THAN POKEMON HERE - COME VISIT US
- SO YOU FOUND A POKEMON! DO YOU KNOW THE JOY OF FINDING JESUS?
- JESUS DIED TO CATCH ‘EM ALL!
- FIND POKEMON OUTSIDE FIND JESUS INSIDE
- POKEMON TRAINERS WELCOME!
- POKEMON GO IS TRYING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING
- 3 POKESTOPS HERE - JESUS LOVES GAMERS TOO!
- LOOKING FOR POKEMON OR JESUS? BOTH FOUND HERE!
- COME, YE SEEKERS OF POKEMON
- COME FOR POKEMON STAY FOR CHURCH
In all sincerity, should the church care about Pokemon Go? As someone who has not played any video games since the 1980’s, I thought of dismissing “Pokemon Go” as a fad. However, for the past week and a half, since the game's debut, I have seen strangers form temporary communities to play or talk about their “Pokemon Go” adventures. Perhaps, this is one way we can reach the unreached in our community. Now let me go download my own copy… :)