May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him (Romans 15:13).
According to the Gallup Poll, Billy Graham has been named as one of the ten most admired men in the world. Gallup states, “This year marks the 60th time Billy Graham has finished in the top 10 — a Gallup record.” This says a lot about Billy Graham’s influence in our country as “America’s Pastor.” Through his crusades, he has preached the gospel to more people than anyone in the history of Christianity. Here are a few quotes from Billy over his ministry.
- “When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost.”
- “Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has.”
- “Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.”
- “Heaven is full of answers for which nobody ever bothered to ask.”
- “Take one day at a time. Today, after all, is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.”
- “Sin is the second most powerful force in the universe, for it sent Jesus to the cross. Only one force is greater—the love of God.”
- “Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion – it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.”
- “The moment we take our last breath on earth, we take our first in heaven.”
- “Believers, look up – take courage. The angels are nearer than you think.”
- “I've read the last page of the Bible, it's all going to turn out all right.”
Billy Graham’s messages are based on hope that comes from Christ alone. As he urged America in his final message in 2013, let us remember these words from Billy — “Today, I’m asking you to put your trust in Christ.”